Czterysta lat Sanktuarium Matki Bożej Pocieszenia w Leżajsku
Jackowski A. (red.), 1999, Czterysta lat Sanktuarium Matki Bożej Pocieszenia w Leżajsku, Peregrinus Cracoviensis, z.7..
Recenzje: ks. dr hab. Maciej Ostrowski
Język publikacji: polski
Wprowadzenie w nurt sympozjum
Początki sanktuarium Matki Bożej w Leżajsku
Perspektywy rozwoju miasta Leżajska jako ośrodka pielgrzymkowego
The Prospects of the Development of the Town of Leżajsk as a Pilgrimage Centre
Summary: This year we have celebrated the 400th anniversary of the presence of the picture of the Madonna of Consolation in Leżajsk and the 390th anniversary of the arrival of the Bernardine monks. Exactly seventy years have passed since the Bernardine church was declared Basilica Minor. Last year the town of Leżajsk celebrated the 600th anniversary of its location. Leżajsk is a town with numerous monuments of the past, which add to its attractiveness. One of the oldest monuments is the parish church under the invocation of the Holy Trinity and All Saints. The parish was founded in 1400 by king Władysław Jagiełło. The present parish church was built around the year 1616 in the late Renaissance style. The interior is quite interesting, the most admirable element of it being an altar which recently has undergone complex restoration. However, a real pearl among the town's monuments is the Bernardine church and monastery, founded by a court martial Łukasz Opaliński, who was later to become the grand crown martial and the starost of Leżajsk, and his wife Anna. The church was erected in the years 1618-1628. Inside, one can admire wonderful, Baroque organ, one of the biggest in Europe. For many years now, the International Organ and Chamber Music Festival has been held in the Bernardine Basilica in summer. The Leżajsk organ, the priceless treasure of Polish national culture sounds during the Music Festival in Łańcut. One can admire the unforgettable sound of the organ while visiting the Basilica. Numerous radio and television recordings are held here. The Museum of the Bernardine Monks, opened in 1971 is located in the monastery itself. The museum is popular with scientists from Poland and abroad and also numerous pilgrims visiting the Sanctuary of Leżajsk. An old parish Orthodox church under the invocation of The Assumption of St. Mary which was built in the years 1828-1832 and presently is used as a Roman Catholic church, is one of precious historical monuments in Leżajsk. In the town there is also an old Jewish cemetery, with the tomb of tzzaadik Elimelech, visited by hundreds of Jews every year. For example, this year more than 3,500 Jews from all over the world, have pilgrimized to the cadyk's tomb. The Town Hall, presently the seat of the Town Council, is another important relic of the past. Leżajsk is a town of a big industrial potential. It is the third largest industrial centre of the region. Before the war in Leżajsk, then inhabited by about 6,000 people, there was only one production facility - a sawmill and the main source of the inhabitants' income were craftsmanship and trade. After the war numerous plants as well as service and trade centres were opened. Besides agriculture, the region developed mainly pro-ecological branches of industry, such as food, metal and light industries. As all industrial plants were located in one industrial zone they were not burdensome for the inhabitants and the environment. Among the largest and most modern industrial plants built after the war one finds such well known companies as: Zakłady Przemysłu Tytoniowego (Tobacco Plant), Zakłady Silikatowe (Silicate Plant), Fabryka Maszyn (Engine Factory), Zakład Konstrukcji Stalowych Instal ("Instal" Steel Construction Plant), Zakłady Dziewiarskie (Textile Factory), Zakłady Przetwórstwa Owocowo-Warzywnego Hortex ("Hortex" Fruit and Vegetable Processing Plant) and the Leżajsk Brewery. Due to the development of technical and social infrastructure as well as the favourable location Leżajsk is an important administrative, cultural, educational and commercial centre of the region.
Peregrinus Cracoviensis, 1999, z.7, s. 27-36.
Instytut Geografii i Gospodarki Przestrzennej UJ
Treści ideowe obrazu Matki Bożej Leżajskiej
Teologiczna treść tytułu "Matka Boża Pocieszenia"
Człowiek jako pielgrzym. O pielgrzymowaniu w aspekcie filozoficzno-teologicznym na tle pielgrzymowania do Sanktuarium Matki Bożej Pocieszenia w Leżajsku
Religijno-społeczna rola Sanktuarium Maryjnego w Leżajsku
Leżajsk w sieci ośrodków pielgrzymkowych Polski
Homilia podczas Mszy św. dla uczestników
Kalendarium Sanktuarium Matki Bożej w Leżajsku
Webmaster: Janusz Siwek
Ostatnia aktualizacja: 2018-10-19